Royal Thimphu College is pleased to announce the availability of one scholarship for post-graduate studies in India generously granted by His Excellency, the Ambassador of India to Bhutan.
- Application open: 1st December , 2017
- Application deadline: 20th December, 2017
- Shortlisting, Interviews & Selection: Last week of December, 2017
Courses to be considered (2018 admissions):
- Masters in Anthropology/ Sociology
- Masters in Mass Communication
- Masters in Economics / Development Studies / Rural Development
- Masters in Environmental Science / Natural Resources Management
- Masters in English Literature
- Masters in IT / Computer Applications
- Masters in Political Science / International relations / Policy Studies
The recipient of this scholarship will be granted a maximum lump sum amount of Rs. 200,000 per year or Rs 400,000 for pursuing a 2 year long post-graduate course in India
- Graduate of RTC with at least 60% aggregate overall marks (average marks of all modules taken, credit weighted as necessary) in the programme taken
- No adverse record
- In the overall interview 40% weighting given to the college marks/ grades; 60% on the interview
Ranking will be done on the basis of the following. A short-listing score out of 40 will be calculated as follows:
- 30 – Aggregate overall academic marks (average marks of all modules taken, credit weighted as necessary) in the programme taken, scaled out of 25.
- 5 – Quality of the one-page application essay, assessed by the Dean and Assoc. Dean, on the graduate’s motivation and suitability for higher studies on a 5-point scale (5=excellent, 4=very good, 3=good, 2=satisfactory, 1=unsatisfactory)
- 5 – Recommendation of the Programme Leader on a 5-point scale, based on overall academic achievement and academic potential (5=excellent, 4=very good, 3=good, 2=satisfactory, 1=unsatisfactory)
Interview panel (5 members):
- 3 members from RTC
- 2 members from the Embassy of India
The top 15 applicants will be short-listed for interviews. For the final selection, 40% weighting is given to the short-listing score, and 60% on the interview (specific further criteria to be jointly decided), conducted jointly by a panel with three members from RTC and two from the Indian Ambassador’s Office. The interviews will more rigorously explore the validity of aspects mentioned in the short-listing criteria, as well as further aim to gauge the candidates’ academic and personal preparedness and potential for successful admission into and completion of the intended course. Finally, the interviews will seek to judge the potential future scope a successful graduate could have in the job market after returning to Bhutan.
Opportunity to be a part of the RTC Faculty: On mutual agreement, RTC will be interested to offer a faculty position to the selected candidate on successful completion of the master’s degree.
The responsibility of selecting and seeking admission for the master’s programme in a relevant Institute/ University in India will lie with the selected candidate.