Basic Image Processing using Photoshop
Training at Royal Thimphu College
October 04 – 08, 2021
(Training will be from 9 am – 4 pm approx. on the indicated days)
Royal Thimphu College (RTC) is pleased to offer a short-term training programme on ‘Basic Image Processing using Photoshop’ from October 04 - 08, 2021 at the RTC campus, Thimphu.
This training introduces participants to basic image processing using Photoshop and covers image editing techniques as well as enhancements that occur in image post-production. It also introduces more sophisticated digital image compositing principles, techniques and software tools to enhance photographs for commercial/formal and artistic/informal purposes.
1. Learn to use Photoshop tools and techniques to enhance or restore images.
2. Understand how images are represented digitally and how they are manipulated.
3. Learn basic digital compositing for commercial/formal and artistic/informal purposes.
- Understand Photoshop Workspace
- Standard Terminology
- What spatial resolutions, bit depth, pixels, components, and channels are
- How to enhance subject focus
- What color-correcting and colour grading are and how to apply them
- How to apply basic image enhancements
- How layers work and how to use them
- How to apply blur and other filters to images
- How to use the pen, brush & selection tools
- How to retouch images
- How to repair images
- How to create and use masks or matte images
- Basic digital compositing
- How to save/export final images
- Common file formats for digital images and their differences and uses
Take your photography to the next level by learning to edit, enhance, and composite images digitally using Adobe Photoshop, the world’s most popular photo-editing software.
Seats are limited. Course fee: Nu. 7,500 (Registration by September 30); Nu. 9,000 (Registration after September 30).