Entrepreneurship Knowledge Centers to Foster Innovative Entrepreneurship Practices in Education and Research
1. To promote entrepreneurship education, the creation of an entrepreneurial mind set and business development at HEIs in Bhutan, Nepal and Laos to benefit from sustainable and professional business development on a national, regional and local level.
2. To enhance the university-business cooperation in the field of entrepreneurship to foster the concept and the idea of business development, increase teaching quality and in the long-run to increase the employability of graduates.
3. To foster innovation in the field of entrepreneurship by including established entrepreneurs in student-business learning activities within an institutionalized physical environment.
4. Internationalization of higher education institutions and countries having limited access to international cooperation in research and capacity building.
1. To strengthen teaching staff capacities and student skill sets through innovative teaching & learning methodologies by offering trainings combining theoretical and practical inputs & study visits including multiplier events.
2. Technical development of the entrepreneurship knowledge centers (EKCs) in each of the 6 HEIs in Bhutan, Nepal and Laos to operate the centers and apply the learned knowledge - technical innovations at the HEIs.
3. Implementation and operation of 6 EKCs on entrepreneurship conceptualization and education with different foci.
4. To enhance the cooperation of HE-Enterprise and students learning experience by developing Innovative Entrepreneurship Case studies in cooperation with established entrepreneurs, to apply the innovative methods learned and prepare the students for innovative thinking & acting in “real life” contexts.
5. To promote greater access to high quality educational materials on the topic of teaching & learning methods and technology enhancement, providing Open Educational Resources to regional and international communities.
6. To extend networks in entrepreneurship innovation in national & international HE contexts by joint publications and organizing the International Conference on Innovative entrepreneurship practices.
Grant Awarded (Euros)
2021 to 2024
Click here to view the Guidelines for the Case Challenge
Interested applicant may register here
Launch of RTC- Entrepreneurship Knowledge Centre
Royal Thimphu College, as part of the ENCORE project co-funded by the ERASMUS+ programme of the European Union, inaugurated Entrepreneurship Knowledge Centre (EKC) during its annual International Day on 19th October 2022. EKC is a center for entrepreneurship education and research to foster the concept of entrepreneurship in education, research and business development to strengthen the technical knowledge and skills of the aspiring entrepreneurs in Bhutan.
The centre is equipped with multifunctional printers, Smart boards, laptops, desktops and many more to help any aspiring and existing entrepreneurs get necessary support for a successful entrepreneurship journey.
Mr. Tshewang Tandin, the college president, officially inaugurated the centre. The college lecturers, staff and officials from various partner universities attended the inauguration together with a total of 10 stakeholders and entrepreneurs in Bhutan.
ENCORE Project Partners
|University of Alicante||Spain||Alicante|
|Haaga-Helia Ammattikorkeakoulu Oy||Finland||Helsinki|
|Royal University of Bhutan (Gedu College)||Bhutan||Chhukha|
|Royal Thimphu College||Bhutan||Thimphu|
|Global College International||Nepal||Kathmandu|
|Souphanouvong University||Laos||Luang Prabang|
|National University of Laos||Laos||Vientiane|
Contact (Project Coordinator)
FH Joanneum, Austria
Contact (RTC Partner)
International Relations Office
Royal Thimphu College